Open Position: Software Support Engineer
We aren’t just hiring our first employee. We are searching for a long-term team member that will help ignite a movement to improve people’s lives - including yours. At Sevwins, you will learn growth mindset strategies from the best minds in sport including top coaches, sports psychologists, and mental skills experts.
Who We Are
Sevwins was started by three founders with a passion for making an impact on the lives of student-athletes.
The Sevwins mobile app delivers peak performance in sport, fueled by intentional life habits. Coaches better understand the athlete and the individual. Conversations are more meaningful and coaches transform into mentors. Athletes improve their sense of self-identity, mental clarity, and game performance.
While we’re starting with the student-athlete market, our philosophy and proven concepts from psychology and human behavior have the potential to build healthier habits well beyond sports.
You’ll have the full support and mentoring of the founding team.
- Division I baseball coach with 20 years of experience, including USA Collegiate Team coaching.
- Marketing and branding executive with a proven track record in Cloud/SaaS go-to-market, company storytelling, and product strategy for high-growth companies.
- A data-driven product and technology executive with 15 years experience incubating and scaling innovative SaaS products based on customer empathy.
Be part of a team that helped build one of the fastest-growing and most successful software companies on the planet.
Who You Are
- You’re motivated by helping young-adults live their best lives by bringing game-changing technology to market. Your creativity and willingness to share crazy ideas brings a unique perspective to the team.
- You follow personal productivity and mental wellness blogs or podcasts and look for ways to optimize your daily routine.
- You’re passionate about academic sports, coaching, empowering young-adults with life skills, and looking for an exciting, fast-paced startup opportunity with unlimited growth potential.
- You love writing code as much as you enjoy talking to customers. You’ve been part of an engineering team and are now ready to define your career path.
- You understand the benefits of having mentors in your life.
- You love sharing reading recommendations that have been a source of inspiration and knowledge for you.
- You frequently reflect on your wins and challenges to fuel your growth-mindset.
- Local to Boston area for weekly meetings (post-pandemic), able to work remotely and independently most of the time.
- Comfortable leading customer discovery and support conversations.
Desirable Skills You Have or Will Learn
- You understand the life of a coach or athlete and perhaps you’ve been one.
- You might be a bit of a data nerd and already thinking of ways to leverage data for advanced automation and analytics. You’re curious about the potential of introducing natural language machine learning models.
- Understanding of AWS or GCP cloud services, serverless functions, and databases.
- Advanced web, mobile, and native app knowledge will be required as we migrate from the low-code platform to our own SaaS full-stack environment.
- SaaS multi-tenant authentication and security concepts.
What Your Day Looks Like
Every day is a new opportunity to improve the product, add automation to prepare to scale, and spend time thoroughly understanding customer needs. You’ll have a voice in how you can best contribute to the founding team, and layout your growth opportunities.
Most days will look something like this:
- Start the day reviewing, troubleshooting, and addressing any open support issues.
- Review the latest customer usage metrics so you can intimately understand who’s using the product and what actions they are taking.
- Now it’s time to tackle the product backlog to fix bugs and build out some new features. You own the documentation, testing, and showing off your progress to the team.
- Hop on a daily call to add your input in marketing, sales, and product strategy discussions. Wow us with some interesting customer usage facts or a cool feature you just hacked together as an experiment.
- Reach out to one or two customers or partners to make sure we are continually learning.
- While your schedule is flexible, occasional off-hours work is expected.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a story explaining why you’re the best fit for the team.
Inclusion and Diversity are important to us. Sevwins considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military veteran status, or disability. Must be eligible to work in the United States. We are not able to sponsor visas.